Thursday, June 5, 2008

Memorial Day & the Bolder Boulder



One of my family's traditions is running in the Bolder Boulder, a 10K road race, on Memorial Day. This year was my 3rd finish, despite no training (good intentions, just no time this year). This race is unlike any other - along the course there's all kinds of bands that play (I hi-fived Elvis!), belly dancers of all ages, slip and slides in yards, runners in all kinds of costumes, and just about everything else you can think of, not to mention the over 54,000 runners this year.
Within the first mile, running with my sister-in-law Ariane... notice the smile


And at the finish line... notice the lack of smile!!


I averaged 12min21sec miles, for a finish time of 1hr16minutes - in 30,030th place!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go! I admire anyone who runs since it is one of my least favorite things to do. (-:

kim dance said...

good job Rosann!
i would love to do a race with that many people...how fun!

Danielle Hacking said...

Congrags Rosann, what an accomplishment! I would love to be able to do that someday!