Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That...

Wow - summer gets crazy... I always think that summer is suppose to be this mellow, hang out, have fun time, but it never turns out that way. For example - last week alone included 3 softball games (gotta make up those rain outs!), 2 early morning runs of about 3 miles, a weekend volleyball tournament (where we played 9 matches... in a day and a half!), about 45 hours of work (and I took Friday off!), and many hours spent doing church stuff. I pretty much was only at home to sleep. Excuses, excuses, excuses - Any who... a few "treasures" from the past few weeks...

Where's Z-boy?

Right there... it cracks me up how easily little kids are entertained and the most unlikely object becomes the best toy ever!


Salsa's new boyfriend:
Mom, Uncle Gus and my cousin Shawn stopped to spend the night on their way out to California. Salsa really liked Shawn and licked whatever exposed skin she could find - poor guy!

And finally... the bronze medal winning team from the lower bracket at the Utah Summer games (where the 9 volleyball matches happened). So much fun... took so much time to recover!! From left to right - Emily, Anna, Paige, Jen, me and Julie. Sorry for my arm in your chest Julie... but apparently I had to show off that sexy farmer's tan - lookin' good, huh?!

And this picture makes me think of one more thing. I usually run 3 mornings a week with my running buddy Rena. There's only one shower at work, so we take turns going first depending what's on the schedule. Today was just one of those days - I spent the whole day in my running clothes and hair in a pony tail, bangs pulled back (I hate having hair flop in my eyes when doing sweaty things) - no shower (and I bet I smelled sweeeeet). One of my co-workers came up to me and says Rosann, you look different today. I apologized for my lack of shower fresh scent and he said, no it's not that, so I said I just have my bangs pulled back and he tells me "That's it! You're aerodynamic". Oh yeah... that's it... I'm aerodynamic... just like The Flash... or something...

1 comment:

Mary said...

I could almost hear your voice telling that 'aerodynamic' story and it made me laugh. It's good to keep in touch! =)