Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Salsa and pants...

First... the dog is driving me crazy!! She's like a super charged Energizer bunny this winter with a bottomless pit for a stomach (although none of her recent eating feats can beat the consumption of an entire 15 lb bag of dog food when she was a puppy...). When we walk the only time I can keep up with her is when she's grazing for food and that's not good because the food she finds to eat results in a messy backyard cleanup (aka bomb retrieval).   At the moment I'm doing my best to remember that I really do love having her and that hopefully we're good for each other... Isn't a human year equal to something like 3 or 4 dog years? Which would put Salsa squarely in the teenage raging hormone years.... hmmm.....  Look at that precious "baby" picture... She is kind of cute, huh?  And she is a good buddy.  And she does seem happy to see me when I come home.  And she does help me get outside and at least walk during the winter.  And it's been shown that people with pets live longer and are happier... I probably should keep her...  Yeah...  I do kind of like her... Guess I'll keep her...

And second...  do you ever have those days where nothing quite goes right?   Today was one of those.  I knew I had a tight schedule and I'd have to start early and everything needed to go smoothly so that I could get home at a decent hour.  Well, I did get to work early, but NOTHING went smoothly - from an electrical outage to computer and network problems to missing equipment to a coworker that I know exists solely to torment and torture me - by 1 this afternoon I was where I'd planned to be at 10 (and I started at 5:30!!) and then suddenly I hear the dreaded sound of denim ripping.  That's right, I split my pants.  At work.  A big rip.  Across my big bum.  I still had about 4 hours to go.  Ahhh....  life IS funny.....

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ohhh, what a terrible day! It may not be one to laugh about some day either.

Rachelle said...

Do I need to make you a pair of pants to leave at your office just for this type of emergency..... How do you feel about gold? Remember when Lisa forgot her bra? hahahahahahahaha!!! Now that was funny!
MISS YOU!!