Sunday, March 8, 2009

After 13 years...

Progess continues on the new building at work... but we found out late last year that Myriad Pharmaceuticals is going to be spun off into a stand alone company on July 1, 2009, and this building will be ours.  It's hard to think that after 13 years I won't be an employee of Myriad anymore...  As part of the preparation for this separation, after the Christmas and New Year's holidays we had a big layoff...  Discovery Biology (which I'm in) went from 72 employees to 41.  I have never been so grateful to have a job!!  I figure we have about 1 1/2 to 2 years worth of money and the hope is that in that time we'll be able to get one of our drugs currently in clinical trials either FDA approved or find a partner to help with the costs of clinical trials.  Work is really, really busy...  which is good, I just hope it lasts!!

No comments: