Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthdays...


It was my birthday last week, and I'm NOT fishing for birthday wishes (like my boss does - he starts about a month before letting you know exactly how many days are left until his birthday - I'm still waiting for him to wish me a happy birthday - I'm guessing it won't happen!!), but it has brought on some "deep" thoughts. Lately I seem to dread my birthday, maybe because I'm reminded that another year has come and gone and well, life hasn't exactly turned out the way I'd planned. Or maybe because it reminds me of all the fun birthdays with my brothers and sisters and dear friends and how much I miss them. Anyways, I was dreading my birthday again this year, and it wasn't so bad. On Saturday I got to have lunch with my brother and his family, and Monday at work my friends/co-workers took me to lunch also, and on top of that brought my favorite cheesecake (the European Cheesecake from Red Butte Cafe - a slice of heaven I tell you!!), another friend took me to dinner (apparently food is the way to my heart!) and I got to talk to all of my brothers and sisters (which is always a highlight), not to mention all of the birthday emails and facebook birthday wishes. So why do I dread birthdays? Because they always turn out alright, thanks to my good family and friends - I am a blessed girl. Thanks for always remembering me!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

So....Happy late B-day!! (-:

Danielle Hacking said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a nice day. My b-day was last week too, and Tyson had to go out of town, so our awesome boss let me go with him so I didn't have to spend it alone. :)