Friday, November 7, 2008

Irrational sentimentality (is that even a word?)


I have a friend who blogged about how sentimental she was over an old broom and that she was having a hard time giving it up. Well, here's my version... Yes, that's my poor old Escort being crunched, the Escort that made many trips between Provo and Salt Lake, and after I wrecked Kirk's car, went home with him. I know that it wasn't worth saving or fixing and it's stupid to just leave a car that doesn't work sitting around, and it wasn't even my car anymore, but I keep seeing this picture in my head and feeling really sad for the poor Escort - surely it deserved a more dignified end, not being used by sledgehammer wielding junior high kids... So irrational, but again this is the girl who cries during commercials - and not even the Christmas ones!

No comments: