One of my favorite things about my neighborhood is our neighborhood 4th of July celebration. There are block parties and BBQs the evening before and kids and adults alike decorate bikes, scooters, etc and then on the 4th (or the 3rd this year!!) there is a pancake breakfast, a parade, and a street carnival. And since the SugarHouse Fireworks were saved this year, I once again get to walk out the front door and enjoy the fireworks with my neighbors from someone's front yard! The breakfast and parade this morning reminded me of what I picture the 1950s might have been like - just a huge community of neighbors and friends celebrating the birth of our country and remembering those who served and those who are currently serving. I got to enjoy the parade again this year after a couple of years of snow cone duty at the street carnival after the parade. I love it... so some pictures from the Highland Park 4th of July celebration!!
Ben graduates + senior trip
1 month ago

1 comment:
aw. this was so fun to see old neighbors and the neighborhood...
Post a Comment