Sunday, May 9, 2010

Go Cougars!!

ksl.com - Cougars sighted near edge of U campus

And so this is a few months old ... and maybe not so interesting to anyone but me. Three young cougars have been spotted roaming near the building where I work in Research Park. This not unusual... I've seen all kinds of wildlife at work - moose, elk, rabbits, hawks, etc. But I recently started running again (had to stop last fall when I was pitching a co-ed softball game and took a line drive right in the knee cap, and then my running buddy had terrible stress fractures and then it was winter and cold and dark... excuses! excuses! excuses!) and so I've many concerned people asking me if I've seen the cougars and what I'm doing to protect myself. First I tell them that I'm generally running away from work, and second surely they would recognize a fellow cougar when they saw one - this last point would raise eyebrows. I had to have a friend explain to me that people thought I meant a cougar as in an older woman (when did I become an older woman?*?#!@!) chasing younger men, but all I really meant was that I cheer for the BYU Cougars and not so much the Utes!!

1 comment:

Ben and Ashley said...

I love your blog, Rosann! The furnace REALLY is teeny!!!