So here we are at the conclusion of week 3, or if the original time estimate holds true (not holding my breath on that one...) I am a quarter of the way done... I'm hopeful, but not believing!! The work this week hasn't been as dramatic as the first two weeks with all of the demolition and framing, but equally exciting to me, as the new furnace got hooked up and the vast majority of the plumbing is done and waiting to be hooked up to things, and the electrician has started... Enough words, lets look at some pictures:
The new gables now have shingles:
You can't really see from this angle, except for the gaping hole in the ceiling, but new structural beams were added in the attic (and downstairs also, but I don't think I remembered to take a picture of that):
All the plumbing for the kitchen sink and notice the blue electrical boxes!!
All the plumbing for the new laundry room, including a gas hook-up for the dryer if so desired!!
And glory-be... the new furnace all hooked up (doesn't look as small now with all the venting and the hood on top, but believe me, it's still teeeny compared to the beast!! I'm beginning to realize just how much I didn't like that old furnace - for good reason of course!)
All the plumbing for the new full bathroom in the basement:
And how silly is this, but look at that shiny new vent!! Woohoo!!
Like I said, not as visually overwhelming as the first few weeks, but obviously just as important! I ordered new lighting fixtures this week, and the windows and a new front door either have been or will shortly be ordered. As soon as the electrician is done and a few other small items are done, it will be time for the first inspection and then to close up the walls! So exciting... and it will be even more exciting when I get to move back in!

1 comment:
SO EXCITING! I love seeing the progress. You will be so pleased.
Post a Comment