Does it seem like my house is the only thing going on right now in my life? Well... it's pretty much the truth. The weather has been all over the place, not allowing much outside activity (I've had more softball games rained out than we've actually played this spring! And the several inches of snow this past week was not kind to my little garden and flowers). I continue to get paid, so I keep going to work (a good thing to be sure!), but all my financial resources are pretty much going into this remodel, so there you have it... my lead in to this week's pictures!!
We start with the ever-enlarging sink hole in one of my front flower beds... which really has nothing to do with the remodel, other than my remodelling contractor couldn't figure out what they had done to create this perfect square sink hole - absolutely nothing!! When I had my sewer line replaced in November, one of the holes that contractor dug was here, and I'd say that the soil didn't get packed back in so well. At one point the top of the new flush valve was level with the rest of the flower bed... not so much anymore!
Which allowed them to remove the old gas line and put in the new window wells!! Just look at those great big beautiful windows that are going to be in my basement!!

The electrician continues to wire away... and started putting in cans for recessed lights - very few of the rooms in my house actually had overhead lighting, so this is a big deal for me!! Also, the smoke detectors will now be hard wired in.

The only place my old fridge would fit was in a corner where there was no electrical outlets - I had to use an extension cord to plug it in... so imagine my total and complete delight to see an outlet just for the fridge - no extension cord required!! (It's amazing how it's the little things that bring such joy to my heart - with the exception of the beastly furnace - that was enormous! And joy isn't a big enough word for that!)

One of the new boxes is full and the
Yahoo!! Progress continues! The new windows are scheduled to be here in about a week, I get to go look at kitchen cabinets and moldings and a new front door this week, and I picked out new siding this week!
I am a little sad though that this is Memorial Day weekend and I'm not at home in Colorado. Memorial Day seems to have become a Robinson tradition at Mom and Dad's - we hang out with whatever family can make it, eat lots of good food, laugh so much that my stomach muscles hurt, play games and BBQ, run the Bolder Boulder and go to a Rockies-Dodger game... But I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Minnesota this summer!

2 comments:
I just asked Kirk what he thought had gone on at your house this week, then I go online and you updated, Yay! I am also sad that we are not in Colorado. I feel a little lost without this kick off to the summer.
OH FUN! It sounds like you are making way on all your house projects! That is so exciting!
Thanks for commenting on our blog, you are always so sweet! It's funny, just the other night i had a dream that we moved back to Salt Lake! Don't know what to think of it, but i miss it and often think of our little house on Kenwood, and our friends there! (oh i miss it!)I'd even take the wild crazy weather you've been having! (sigh) Don't get me wrong, we love VA... some days i just wish VA and UT were right next to each other!
Keep Blogging!
-Amanda
P.S. Kitty's make great companions for crazy dogs... ours is doing better than i thought, they love each other!
Post a Comment